Tuesday, July 22, 2014

YGO-A Very Sad Story

Good Day!
This is J.
Today,I will share my thoughts regarding on the current state of our meta in our country.Last Sunday,I tackled about a short guide regarding "Qlipoth" archetype.Since the release of The Next Challengers(NECH) booster pack,I already have a very bad feeling.As I have told you,I won't be releasing any traffic regarding on my last post unless some of my followers tend to read it.
The thing that saddens me the most right of this moment is on how people on our meta hype about them.Surely,the archetype itself is very decent on it's recent debut and there is no wonder that they will make a sudden impact which I am really scared of.I will tell you guys the reason so keep on reading.

As duelists,we all agree that we started from all our humble beginnings.Most of us guys are influenced by our friends while others are encouraged by the anime itself.While there are vast of different card games that is  popular like Cardfight Vanguard,Magic the Gathering,Pokemon TCG etc.,still we stick to this card game because we already became a fan of it.There is no doubt that Yu-Gi-Oh! is a very fun activity to play and to gain some friends.We also agree to the fact that trading cards is fun....wait? this is a trading card game right and not some serious business?

Well,let's get straight to my point.At the beginning,we select our deck of choice.We pick the right cards and the right build that will adapt to the changes of the format.Of course,money does matter.When you have spare cards,it's either we sell them or we trade them to our co-players.In other words,we are very proud to support the game we love.But the thing that really makes me sad is that there are players who somewhat in a point almost make them their livelihood or somehow do not let beginners and players on a budget to cope up.

Let's face it.I know that we are in a same goal which is to support the game and to make our community big.But do you think that you can encourage a player to support ocg if you hype the price of the cards itself?
If your one of those players who are born to take advantage of others,well I will not comment about that.But if your goal is to make our community big,you must be considerable for the new players you want to encourage.

Secondly,I want to discuss about one of the major factors why we play this game-to gain respect.As an individual,if you want to be respected,you must learn how to respect others too.While some people have already proved something on the game,it is the time you must be more humble and polite.In short,you must be a role model to others.There are many old and existing players in the game but what I notice about the community is that some players became arrogant and to an extent,disrespecting others.But still,there are some who remain very polite that's why up until now they gain my respect.Well for me,no matter what success you achieve,you must remain approachable and nice.

Lastly,I am sad about the hype that Qlipoths are gaining.One of the sole reason why I prevent my last article to spread throughout networking sites is that I dont want to hype it that bad.But now,I myself do not have idea that they are already been hyping about it and to the point that they are selfishly promoting it together with their very very high tag prices.I am not against it just because I will make the deck in the future but this has always been happening every format just like what they did to Dragon Rulers,Artifact etc.

As a conclusion,I am not against those attitude of some players but I will not tolerate them to continue doing those things.Maybe,they are promoting the game based on their perspective which I myself and some others don't really like.What I can promise as a player is still to respect them because at the very least they do not give up on supporting the game for so many years.I would like to commend those players who really in love with the game.I am very sad for players who just hapenned to quit the game because of the some pointers that I have mention above.But I d believe in the saying that people change and I wish that these changes will promote friendship and sense of belonging towards the game.Again,I am just here to share my thoughts and I'm very hopeful that I can whisper the word "change" to their ears(or maybe touch their hearts? hehe).

Still,I am hoping that I can still continue building the deck and still continue to play the game.
That's all for today.Don't give up guys!
Let's respect the game we love!


-J.


No comments:

Post a Comment