Monday, September 29, 2014

The Day before "The Day"

(J.)I'm so glad to be back!
After weeks of being sick and inactive in blogging and playing the game,I'm here to share my thoughts about the things that has happened while I'm away.

October 1st,2014,the official date of the start of the new format both OCG and TCG. But first let us talk about the OCG version.

Here are the changes:

Forbidden:
(none)

Limited:
Soul Charge
El-Shadoll Construct
El-Shadoll Winda
Star Seraph Sovereign
Summoner Monk
Sinister Shadow Games
Dark Armed Dragon

Semi-Limited:
Blackwing-Gale the Whirlwind

Unlimited:
Wind-up Shark
Abyss Sphere
Needlebug's Nest

My thoughts:

As you can see,Shadoll is badly hit and the Star Seraph Combo is broken.Soul Charge is just an overpowered card and deserves the limited status considering it has also its drawbacks.The universal rank 4 searcher named "Summoner Monk" is now back to 1 and a player can now only have 1 DAD because 2 DADs are pretty sick.Blackwing regained their second gale which is good to push the archetype a little bit on this fast paced format.Lastly,there are some random comebacks in the form of Wind-up Shark,Abyss Sphere and Needlebug's nest.Overall,the list is good so players can try newer archetypes and strategies(For those who were hit.)

Here is the second one and the moment I saw this one I was like "For real?" .Here is the TCG October 1st Banlist

Here are the changes(It's not actually a change,it's a HUGE CHANGE!)

Forbidden:
(None) Just like OCG.Maybe some sort of trend?

Limited:
Glow-up Bulb
Infernity Archfiend
Raigeki
Soul Charge
Super Polymerization

Semi-Limited:
Blackwing Gale the Whirlwind
Gorz the emissary of Darkness
Ceasefire
The Transmigration Prophecy

Unlimited:
Coach Soldier Wolfbark
Magician of Faith
Formula Synchron
Reinforcement of the Army

My thoughts:

Raigeki
Raigeki
Raigeki
Raigeki


and yet dark hole is banned? why?
Infernity archfiend is a good hit,the one I have wished the OCG has done instead of limiting summoner monk.I like the Super Poly hit tho limiting it will reduce the popularity of attribute fusions of Shadolls and heroes.Though Super Polymerization is a strong card,it requires many cards for you to play like the monster on your field and the discard that's why I think it was not hit on OCG.Glow-up bulb is surprising but time will tell if the infamous bulb will still impose a huge threat in TCG environment.The rest of the unlimited section is understandable though I found unlimiting Reinforcement of the Army odd.It's an okay list aside from the fact that it has Raigeki in it.



Closing Remarks:
So far,I still can't decide on what will I build on OCTOBER format.Right now I am practicing my old Prophecy Deck and I'm trying to make it adopt on a Qliphort heavy Format.Hopefully,I can play again on our local and official tournaments.
Right now,I am focusing on the new look of this blog.Hopefully,I can implement it on the third week of October.Stay tune for more articles!

Thanks for following!

Singing off
Jhay


No comments:

Post a Comment