Friday, October 3, 2014

The Story of my YGO Life-It's Sharing Time!

(Jave) Hello! Just got back from another week full of stressful activities and school duties.I'm very excited to write this article because I believe I can inspire new and starting players.Some of you may actually relate on my experiences regarding to my road in becoming an official player.

Overview

I started knowing Yu-Gi-Oh! way back on 2002 when the Yami Yugi Era had started.In case you can't recall it,it is the era wherein you can summon level 5 or higher monsters without tributing and if you summon all the three God cards(namely Obelisk,Slifer and Winged Dragon of Ra),you will win the duel.I was influenced to play the game when I saw my cousins play the game and I found it cool.I thought the game itself(I'm referring to the Yami Yugi era) is quite hard because as a kid,it is quite tiring and stressful to read between card effects and how the game works.Soon after that,I was really eager to learn the game and began to practice and collect cards.Later on,my cousins lose the interest in playing the game because of the popularity of online console and games like defender of the ancients,cabal,counter strike etc.But for me,it was like my go signal to continue learning and exploring what the game is all about and why many duelists like me are fond of playing it.

My first Tournament

On 2004,I created my first deck.It was like a scrambled deck filled with weak and strong monsters that I never knew was forbidden to use.I am always practicing with my friends and it was fun.As always,there are arguments about who knows what the right rulings are and I'm not fully aware about it.All I know is that I love playing the game.
Like every YGO players out there,there is what we called the "Decline" part.It is when players suddenly lose interest on the game or maybe too busy doing other stuffs.It also happened to me when I enter high school due to inability to watch even the anime and the lack of players in our school.I felt like I was alone and I'm not a part of any YGO Community.It was a very dark and misty moment for me.
When I'm, about to graduate in High school,I discovered some friends who are YGO players like me.On that same year,I joined my very first ygo tournament.I have chills that time and I think for hours just to make a single play.That time,I started to use the power of the internet and since there is no powerhouse community in our locals,I created one.Because of that,I meet new communities and players.
A year after that,I was introduced to "Official Gaming".It is when some of my colleagues encourages me to use official cards and play in the official tournaments.Without hesitation,I made my very first official deck with flying colors.

A Very crucial Part

I started making my official deck which is called "Rock Stun". I chose that deck because I like control decks.Also,it was one of the cheapest start-up deck that beginners like me can make.Off course, I lack the useful staples and so my deck is too slow.I also played the deck on the Inzektor Heavy format so I was really down that time.I also joined my very first official tournament but only ended winning the first round because of "Mermail" decks floating around.It was a very past-paced format and I'm just starting to adapt to the new changes and rulings.Because I think that my deck will do nothing against these decks,I sold my very first official deck.I admit I was very regretful that time because I was like I'm on the rising point then I'm back to the zero freezing point.

Starting again

Like my first deck,I began investing on a "Fire Fist 4-Axis" deck.From control,I shifted to a grind-beatdown deck.This time,I joined my second official tournament.And to my surprise,It was the most hated format of all time.It was when Spellbook has Spellbook Judgement and Dragon Rulers has its complete allies.I cannot do anything that time because the decks were just too OP.It was like "play the Dragon Ruler/prophecy decks or lose and go home". As usual,I sold the deck again.

Stepping on the stairs again

After those crucial moments,I just focused on local tournaments and won from there from time to time.But still,my goal to continuously play on the official game was never forgotten.It is the time when I created my third official deck named "Sylvan".I played the deck on the official store and as usual,I only won from a single round from time to time.Maybe the deck wasn't strong enough to compete with stronger decks like Chronomaly artifact and Heraldics.In addition,I was also becoming busy once again because I'm in my college and reports and thesis defense was like unending.Later on,I sold the deck with regrets.


At present

After those heartfelt incidents,I almost quit on the game because some players in my locals are quitting too.
But the heart of cards can never be beaten.The eagerness of playing and inspiring new players still prevails.That was the time I started to make this blog.Although,I cannot join the locals and official games like before,I always keep myself updated on the trend and latest updates.


As of now,I have a full play set of "Melodious" deck.Yes,quite funny but I collected them because I found these girls cute.Maybe in the future,I will play this deck but as of now,they really needed to have some push and new support cards to cope up with the format.I'm also thinking of bringing back my "Rock Stun" deck because I think that's the deck that is well suited with me and the deck that I'm so regretful with when I sold.If I manage to create an official deck again,I will never sold them again and I will learn to wait.Who knows,there may be future support cards for them just like what konami is doing with older decks.

I'm really excited to work again as an online marketing agent this upcoming end of October so that I can finance and support the game again.Right now,I'm on my third year in college and YGO has never been an issue on my studies because I make it to the point that I will manage my time and priorities very well.

Thanks for reading my YGO timeline!
Thanks for following my blog!
Til next Article!


Jave signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment