Monday, February 23, 2015

101's Tournament Report 2/22/15 Featuring "Yosenju"

(ArcKnight)It's been a while since I did a tournament report but this time,I'm going to share a Locals report using "Yosenju".

101's Tournament Report Featuring Yosenju



Deck Choice: Yosenju

 If you are consistently playing in your locals and YGO Events,you have probably encounter this deck.Though not as common as "Nekroz","Qliphort" and "Shaddols" are,"Yosenju" was proven to be one of those rogue Anti-Meta-ish type of deck that can surprise your opponents.Why did I said so? This deck relies on Normal summons and a lot of grinding technique.In addition,"Vanity's Emptiness" can be utilized with little to no drawback.That is,stopping your opponents on their tracks. As you notice,most decks who are claimed FAST became really SLOW once you find a way to shutdown their KEY mechanic and the most common is "Special Summoning".

Worst Match-up

source:Deviantart.com

 On the other hand,there are always such decks that can disturb your road to victory.One is "Qliphort" ,which is a fast deck that has that Meta-anti-meta strategy.Their ability to adapt on different situations makes them one of the most versatile deck that can actually enjoy the "Pendulum" mechanic.Since this is my worst match-up,I really side heavily on games two (or three,if I manage to stay longer).The key here is to prevent "Qliphort Tool" from making clear advantage and beat their life points so the chance and times to use the "Pay 800-Search" combo decreases.



Tournament Report:

Let's start grinding with the "Yosen" Realm.



Deck used: Yosenju
Format: OCG Swiss of 4 Rounds, cut to top 4

Round 1: vs. "Qliphort" X O O

source:Zerochan.net
Just like what I was ranting above,my first opponent was no other than "Qli".Here we go!

Game 1: He won the die roll.That means,he can enjoy his "Qliphort Tool" without the need to be disoriented by sudden typhoons.He manage to get the tool-trampolynx combo and some backrows.

Result :Lose

Game 2: I have "Thunderking Raioh" .He attacks Raioh with a "Qli" equipped with "Saqlifice".I have dimensional prison.The "Qli" was sent to the void of "Infernoids" and never came back again.he doesn't get the search due to how amazing Raioh is.

Result: Win

Game 3: He has the combos,I have the counters.But my backrows are not enough if I can't drew any monsters.Plus,he have Skill Drain.

Result: Lose

End of Round 1(Result: Lose) 1-2

Round 2: vs. Fluffal X O O
Frightfur "Promo card" tiger


Now this is pretty interesting because he has those "Frightfur Tiger" promo cards.I used to play this deck on simulators that's why I'm pretty familiar on how this deck run.

Game 1: He won the roll but he let me go first.I set three(Including 2 useless traps).and 1 "Torrential Tribute".He special summoned "Frightfur Wolf" that can attack four times.I respond with "Torrential Tribute".A moment after that,he activated "Frightfur Fusion" ,banishing the same materials to bring out "Frightfur Wolf" once again.

Result : Lose

Game 2: I let him go first.I did this because "Fluffals" doesn't have a really good first turn play and I need that extra draw to gain advantage.He has three backrows which I eradicated with "Harpie's feather Duster".Afterwards,I summon "Yosenju Kama 1,"Yosenju Kama 2" and "Yosenju Kama 3".Attacked with the trio,searched with Kama 3 for +1,set "Vanity's Emptiness,summoned "Number 16: Shock Master",declared spells.

Result: Win

Game 3: This time,though he has the opportunity to go second,he played first.From the looks of it,he doesn't get the necessary combos plus that missing draw from first turners can really help him to achieve the combo pieces unfortunately.I summon "Thunderking Raioh" and proceed to beat him down.It really slowed him down because of the fact that he can't use his search engines.The clear advantage goes to our brotherhood this time!

Result: Win


End of Round 2:(Result: Win) 2-1

Round 3: vs. Heraldic Beasts X O O

Game 1: He let me do the honor of playing first.I have all the backrows but "Heraldics" just have many monsters to pinch attacks for me.

Result: Lose

Game 2: I did the "Cardcar "D"" farm and swarm with my "Yosenju".

Result: Win
Heraldic Beasts

Game 3: We are down to 400 lp( both of us).I have "Mirror Force" and "Torrential Tribute" which can punish overextending.He even did an illegal move by setting "Kagetokage"(We know that it cannot be normal summoned or set).Still,I manage to win and I told his misplay which I let to passed because I'm just too nice(And I won anyway so.)

Result: Win

End of Round 3(Result :Win) 2-1



Round 4: Vs. "Qliphort"

Will this card be limited on April?

Oh,not again,I'm a "Qli" magnet I suppose? Anyway,the duel must go on...

Game 1:Luckily,he didn't open with "Qliphort Tool" or any of his deck's 50% category that can search Tool.I have "Thunderking Raioh",set a couple of backrow(one is Mirror Force).He attacked with a "Saqlifice" equipped "Qliphort Helix" but I have "Mirror Force".Afterwards,it started to go minuses for him.

Result: Win

Game 2: Time to replace the triple "Vanity" and "Compulsory" with "Mistake" and "Dimensional Prisons".He goes first and did the same "Normal Helix,equipped "Saqlifice" move and set "Skill Drain",I have MST,Good thing he didn't chained Skill Drain.(I guess his lp is too precious).I swarm with the Kama Brothers,bounce the level 4 helix with "Yosenju Kama 1" and proceed to attack.Then,shock declared spells and all his cards were stucked on his top deck with "Lightning Chidori".Now,I can finally say the word "Relief".

Result: Win

End of Round 4(Result: Win) 3-0

Yay,top 4!!!

Luckily,I managed to be on top 4(Who would have thought).Furthermore,there is no "Qli" on the top 4 Spots.

Single Elimination
The stars!

Round 4:vs. Satellarknights

Game 1: Tellarknights is a kind of matchup which I can compare "Yosenju" with.The only thing I envy them was that they have insta-search cards that you can abuse with such as "Altair" and "Deneb".

He manage to go "Triveil" bouncing everything sans himself back.I have no outs on his backrow.He also had Shockmaster declaring monster effects.

Result: Lose

Game 2: He drew only monsters and this guy doesn't practice "Bluffing".(This is a very important technique to learn).He has no backrow so I swarm with "Yosenju".This time,I'm the one who did "Shock Master" declare monster cards.

Result : Win

Game 3: I am down to 600 but I have a couple of backrows but only "Torrential Tribute" can hinder him(The other  two were starlight road and mystical space typhoon).He summoned "Altair" then xyz to "Omega" not realizing he can't attack due to altair's restriction.Offcourse,I didn't respond with my precious Torrential Tribute,On the following turn,I bounced his cards with Kama 1 and proceed to OTK and shake his hand as a sign of Respect (After all,my blog was named RespectYGO so we should practice this one). Good game!

Result :Win

End of Round 5(Result: Win) 2-1

Finals: vs. Infernoids

Woah! I didn't expected to be on this road and guess what,our brotherhood has reached the summit.This round is against "Infernoids" which is popular for their card "Reasoning" (and sending petty people to the shadow realms).Without further ado,let's go back in the game shall we?

The void of the Shadow Realms
Game 1: I won the die roll.I set 3 Backrows(Including Vanity's Emptiness).On his following turn,he used "Card Destruction".I drew 3 Thunderking Raioh(And I thought I was playing poker because I drew the trio LOL). It took minutes for him to do a play.While he was thinking,I decided to flip "Vanity's Emptiness(Because I can't chain it on inherent summons vs. Infernoids.)He scoop upon seeing emptiness,unable to special summon.

Result:Win

Game 2: He goes first.He set three backrows and ended his turn.On my turn,I activated "Harpie's Feather Duster",wiping every set backrows he had!
I then proceeded to swarm and beat him with my weasels and set 3 backrows (1 Mirror Force,1 Torrential Tribute and 1 Vanity's Emptiness). On his turn,I immediately flipped "Vanity's Emptiness" but he had "Blaster,Dragon Ruler of Infernos",resulting a -2 for me(Due to Vanity's self destruction). He summoned "Infernoid Asmodeus" and did not gamble his "Monster Gate" for the chance of milling random cards.He attacked with "Infernoid Asmodeus" hoping that my set card was not some sort of "Mirror Force" but unfortunately,it was my set card.

I activated "Mirror Force" and proceeded to swarm and beat him down to victory!!

Result : Win

End of Finals(Result : Champion)

Source: Roadoftheking


********
For those of my avid readers who spent time reading 101's Tournament report,here is my decklist:

======

Deck Yosenju

Monsters:15
3 Yosenju Kama 1
3 Yosenju Kama 2
3 Yosenju Kama 3
1 Yosenju Tsujik
2 Cardcar "D"
3 Thunderking Raioh
Spells:11
3 Pot of Duality
3 Fire Formation-"Tenki"
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Harpie's Feather Duster
1 Dark Hole
Traps:14
3 Torrential Tribute
3 Vanity's Emptiness
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Mirror Force
1 Starlight Road
1 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgement
Extra Deck: 15
2 Lightning Chidori
1 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist-Tiger King
1 Number 101: S.H.Ark Knight
1 Evilswarm Exciton Knight
2 Number 39: Utopia
1 Cno.39 Utopia Ray
2 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
2 Stardust Dragon
1 No. 16 Shock Master
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Number 50:Black Corn
 Side Deck:
2 Dimensional Fissure
3 Maxx "C"
3 Mistake
2 Poisonous Winds
2 Dimensional Prison
3 Fiendish Chain

=====

Final Remarks:

          "Experience" makes us better in our plays.The more experience you have ,the more you are familiar with your environment.Also,less misplays and knowledge in certain aspects(Rulings,chaining,new cards) does aim you at a higher advantage towards winning.Just don't forget to stay calm,humble and respectful towards your opponent.

        Always practice sportsmanship in every game.After all,dueling is a game.There is victory and there is defeat.But the thing is,every aspects of it teaches us various lessons and in due time,makes as not only a better duelist,but a much better person. 

Again,thanks for reading my tournament report.I hope you enjoyed reading and learned a tip or two from me.
Good Day Everyone!

Stay tune for more exciting articles coming from your favorite 101.

So long!

-ArcKnight


No comments:

Post a Comment