Thursday, January 25, 2024

This new XYZ in LEDE is insane but...

Hello everyone! I'm back with another article. I decided to use my after shifts to do a quick article while thinking about life at 3am. This reminds me of the new generic rank 10 that was revealed two days ago called "Technalogue Valdrath". 

I wonder which decks can take advantage of this at the moment and why we should get this card in LEGACY OF DESTRUCTION (LEDE). Let's discuss!


Overview:
Here's a recap of what this card does.


1. It's a rank 10 Wyrm DARK Xyz that only requires 2+ level 10 monster. The material cost is pretty painless if your deck is focused on rank 10 to be honest.

2. It is an omni-negate. For years of playing the game, I have learned that generic consistency, removal, or negation cards are always a must-keep. Its first effect alone makes it one of the best rank 10 XYZ in the game. It can also detach an additional material to destroy a card on the field. IT DOESN'T EVEN TARGET! 

3. If you don't have anything else to negate, it can destroy a card when it attacks. This reminds me of my friend "Kashtira Fenrir" but instead, destroys a card. IT DOESN'T EVEN TARGET x2

4. But wait, there's even a third effect. If this XYZ summoned card is destroyed, you can destroy 1 card on the field. IT DOESN'T EVEN TA..(slaps).

This monster, aside from its magnificent art, doesn't even have any negative aura. Everything about this card is astonishing. There's only one concern though: The current top tier meta isn't rank 10 focused...so which decks can play this card?

Decks that can maximize Valdrath:

Trains


Trains is just the epitome of rank 10 XYZ. While trains must first get a consistency boost, this new XYZ is always welcome to the arsenal.

Nemleria


As a "Nemleria" user myself, I usually end my game with a Gustav burn + Liebe OTK. There are times where I still couldn't finish the opponent so I need a card that can provide some control. "Technalogue Valdrath" can possibly help me with that.

Eldlich

Eldlich the Golden Lord is a level 10 monster himself. This provides control and card removal for eldlich without exhausting the Golden Land traps. Eldlich as a theme still hasn't received any wave 3 as far as I know so this is a good boost in a way.

Yubel


You can now use your Yubel copies for XYZ summon in case you run out of ways to control the field or in need of non-targeting card removal.

Summary:
This could probably be the reason why Exodius, the Ultimate Forbidden Lord was reprinted - to act as a rank 10 extender to tease this XYZ. I feel that this XYZ has potential in the near future. Will this be the next "Baronne de Fleur", that's a mystery that we will uncover soon.

Thanks for reading until the end.

3 comments: